When we refer to Azapi, \'we\' (or \'our\' or \'us\'), we mean Azapi IT Services (Pty) Ltd, registration number 2012/021786/07 and our offices are at Madison Square, 4th Floor, Howick Close, Tygerfalls, Bellville, 7560, South Africa, reachable via our Contact us page.
This privacy statement discloses the privacy practices for https://www.azapi.co.za/.
It applies across all the websites that we own and operate, including all services we provide as well as any other services we may offer (such as events or training). For the purpose of this notice, we\'ll call them our \'services\'.
As regards to \'personal data\' we mean identifiable information about you, like your name, email, address, member names, telephone number, bank account details, payment information, support queries, community comments and so on. If you can\'t be identified (for example, when personal data has been aggregated and anonymised) then this notice doesn\'t apply.
We may need to update this notice from time to time to ensure it remains up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy practices.
The latest version of this policy will be available on this page.
Last updated: 25 May 2018
We at Azapi are firmly committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and those who sample Azapi services. Azapi is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not share, sell, or otherwise distribute the financial or personal information of our customers, or those who otherwise provide personal information to sample our products and services, to any other persons or organizations in any way other than what is disclosed in this document or disclosed at the time of collecting the data.
Personal information provided by customers, or those who sample Azapi products or services, is sometimes used to contact individuals regarding new information about our services. Anyone contacted by us with services/product information can request to be removed from further updates at any time.
All financial and personal information collected by Azapi is held in the strictest confidentiality. Any information, such as email, billing and shipping addresses, and other contact information - submitted via a purchase form, registration form, download form, newsletter subscription or online application service - remains the sole property of Azapi. This information is used to help us process such items as service provision, payment and to send registration information to our customers.
Furthermore, any third party personally-identifiable information, submitted on your behalf by an outside party (e.g. in the case of the "email-a-friend" feature, or a gift purchase) is treated with the same care as with the primary information.
If, at any time, Azapi wishes to use your personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, we will notify you via email. It is entirely at your discretion whether or not we may use your information in this different manner. In addition, if Azapi makes any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in our database, we will post a prominent notice on our website, notifying users of the change. In some cases when we post the notice we will also email those users who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices.
When you visit our websites or use our services, we collect personal data. The ways we collect it can be categorised into the following:
Data you provide us with directly: When you visit or use some parts of our websites and/or services we might ask you to provide personal data to us. For example, we ask for your contact information when you sign up for a service, subscribe to a newsletter, complete membership registration and buy services on our sites, respond to a job application or an email offer, participate in community forums, join us on social media, take part in training and events, contact us with questions or request support. If you don\'t want to provide us with personal data, you don\'t have to, but it might mean you can\'t use some parts of our websites or services.
The information gathered for the Azapi User Forums is completely voluntary. A user need only enter a name and email address. Whether or not this information is displayed on the website is up to the user. This simply provides a means with which to interact with other Forum Users. This information is not required by Azapi. Any information posted to a non-secure User Forum is considered in the public domain.
When using online "chat" programs to speak with Azapi support associates, your correspondence is not broadcast in any way. This is a one-on-one interaction. Your screen name is any you choose, and are not logged or recorded.
From time to time, Azapi will request more specific information about our customers. This is done in the form of surveys and is completely voluntary. The information gathered in these surveys helps us determine who our customer base is and what their needs are. By compiling this data, we can work to improve customer experiences with the company.
Data we collect automatically: We collect some information about you automatically when you visit our websites or use our services, like your IP address and device type. We also collect information when you navigate through our websites and services, including what pages you looked at and what links you clicked on. This information is useful for us as it helps us get a better understanding of how you\'re using our websites and services so that we can continue to provide the best experience possible.
These cookies do not collect personal information and are usually terminated once customers leave the site. These cookies record the time of your visit, the date, the "referring" page that brought you to our site, and the IP address that your ISP has assigned to your computer at the time of your visit. This anonymous information is used to assist us in refining our websites to create a better user experience.
Data we get from third parties: The majority of information we collect, we collect directly from you. Sometimes we might collect personal data about you from other sources, such as publicly available materials or trusted third parties like our marketing and research partners, including Google and Facebook. We use this information to supplement the personal data we already hold about you, in order to better inform, personalise and improve our services, and to validate the personal data you provide.
Where we collect personal data, we\'ll only process it:
- to perform a contract with you, or
- where we have legitimate interests to process the personal data and they\'re not overridden by your rights, or
- in accordance with a legal obligation, or
- where we have your consent.
If we don\'t collect your personal data, we may be unable to provide you with all our services, and some functions and features on our websites may not be available to you.
First and foremost, we use your personal data to:
- operate our websites and provide you with any services you\'ve requested;
- to fulfill a contract, or take steps linked to a contract, which includes facilitating and processing transactions, such as purchasing or renewing a service from our website;
- to manage our relationship with you.
We also use your personal data for other purposes, which may include the following:
To communicate with you. This may include:
- providing you with information you\'ve requested from us or information we are required to send to you;
- operational communications, like changes to our websites and services, security updates, or assistance with using our websites and services;
- asking you for feedback or to take part in a survey we are conducting (we may appoint a third party to assist).
To support you: in order to manage our relationship with you, i.e. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us. This may include assisting with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the websites or services, whether by email, chat, phone or otherwise.
To enhance our websites and services and develop new ones: We track and monitor the use of our websites and services so we can keep improving, or by performing a technical analysis of our websites and services so that we can optimise your user experience and provide you with more efficient products or services.
To protect: We verify your identity when you sign into our systems. Also in order to ensure that everyone is using our websites and services properly and in accordance with our terms and conditions we also track, detect and prevent any fraudulent or malicious activity. Furthermore for the purpose of managing our legal and operational affairs.
To market to you: about Azapi or another product or service we think you might be interested in, in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us or by contacting us.
We may also use your personal data to display targeted advertising to you online - through our own websites and services or through third party websites and their platforms, in order to provide a more personalised experience.
To analyse, aggregate and report: We may use the personal data we collect about you and other users of our websites and services (whether obtained directly or from third parties) to produce aggregated and anonymised analytics and reports, which we may share publicly with third parties.
To provide you with general functions: such as administrative and performance functions and activities, to process your job application or for the purposes of training our staff.
For purposes which are required by law: or for the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
To further protect the privacy of our customers, access to information by our employees is restricted within the company. Only employees with an absolute need to use that information - in order to better serve customers - are able to view any relevant personal details submitted, according to their job function.
There will be times when we need to share your personal data with third parties. We will only disclose your personal data to:
- third party service providers and partners who assist and enable us to use the personal data, such as support delivery or provide functionality on the website or services, or to market or promote our goods and services to you;
- subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we use personal information, in particular: website hosting providers; technical and customer support services, marketing and analytics services, security and fraud prevention services, subscription management services, payment processing services, identification verification services, operational services, etc.;
- our professional advisers;
- regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties when we think it\'s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure;
- regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations;
- a third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity;
- a third party, in order to enforce or defend our rights, or to address financial or reputational risks;
- an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with an actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business;
- other people where we have your consent or where we are authorised or required by law to do so.